Award-Winning PR Without the Big-Agency Price Tag
Open Position: Senior Account Executive
If you have 5+ years of PR agency experience, have an interest in healthcare and biotech, are a dynamic writer with a brain for strategy and positioning, love media relations, have a high digital aptitude, and an alphabetized spice cabinet, then you may be a UNICORN. OR you’re the perfect fit for boutique agency Capwell Communications! We’re seeking an experienced PR pro to join our team to work on some truly life-changing healthcare accounts. If you’re tired of the traditional agency grind, are seeking greater work/life balance with the freedom of a flexible schedule, then we have a spot in our tribe for you.
Location: SoCal (LA/OC) preferred, but remote applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter (be creative) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Position:
You’ll be joining a highly engaged and motivated team of PR pros to provide integrated comms programming for our healthcare and consumer product clients. You will immerse yourself in our client’s strategic positioning, key messages, and stories, while you learn and understand their business model, product development and/or commercialization strategy, the potential market place and disease indications, competitive landscape, pipeline, and the science behind it all. You’ll also work towards expanded understanding of the biotech/pharmaceutical, medical device/diagnostics industries and compliance/regulatory issues therein.
• Serve as account lead on 3+ Capwell Comm accounts. Act as direct line of contact for clients, lead meetings and manage support teams with positivity, clarity and confidence.
• Proficient in strategic positioning and key message development.
• Work with agency leadership and clients to develop strategic plans, including content calendars, tradeshow activations, social media plans, etc.
• Strong track record of success in media relations and not afraid to pick up the phone and pitch media. Will develop and maintain relationships with influential trade, consumer and business journalists to secure media placements on behalf of clients.
• Proactively generate new story ideas based on industry trends and business insights.
• Exceptional writer with strong verbal communications skills; responsible for drafting all written material (pithy and error free) including press releases, blog posts, digital content, media pitches, client recommendations, and award applications.
• Lead social media activations, including but not limited to social advertising, social media trainings, influencer marketing, and analytics reporting.
• Measure clients’ media, social media, lead gen and digital marketing results, and effectively translate analytics into actionable insights to constantly drive success.
• Highly organized, efficient, self-starter with strong managerial skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Experience managing client budgets.
• Proficient in media list development (Cision); monitoring client and industry news daily (Meltwater).
• Ability to apply creative thinking and confident risk-taking to solve problems and provide solutions that achieve results.
• Experience managing and/or coaching junior staff (will be responsible for managing Account Coordinator and Intern program). Manage both up and down to ensure the team is working efficiently.
• Support company marketing efforts by contributing thought-leadership content, developing content marketing pieces, drafting award applications, attending related networking and professional development events, etc.
• Support new business pitches and proposal development, based on lead origination, technical skills needed, etc.
Required Technology Experience: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, third-party social media scheduling and engagement software, Cision, Meltwater, Newswire (Globe, PRN, etc.).
Preferred Familiarity: SproutSocial, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, graphic design programs, social media advertising, marketing automation software, email marketing platforms/CRM systems, CMS systems, Teamwork.
Experience: 5+ years of working in a PR or digital/integrated agency.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing. Other areas of study will be considered.
About Capwell Communications
We’ve built a powerful roster of VC-backed healthcare and biotech clients by delivering award-winning results using an integrated mix of corporate comms, strategic positioning, and PESO strategies. The position will report to the CEO and play an integral role in managing 3+ clients, as well as developing our entry-level employees. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial company, where you will gain firsthand experience and receive fast-track leadership opportunities in a flexible work environment not available at traditional agencies.